Sunday, February 27, 2011
A beginning
It seems that I have an ever changing list of things to be better at floating around in my head. One of the more constant ideas on the list is to be healthier. Which is hindered by the fact that I eat too much fast food. Mostly because of the convenience. I would like to start working to actually do some of those things on my list, starting with eating better. When I first chose the name of this blog I had thought I would try giving up fast food for a year. Then I read an article describing how we are too hard on ourselves. We expect more of ourselves than we ever expect of anyone else. Reading this caused me to stop and think a bit about my goals of eating less fast food. I want to be healthier and more than that I don't want to be feeding my two small children that crap. Did I mention I have two small children. On my own for now as A is gone with the Marines. Anyone with small children can really tell you how mentally exhausting days can be sometimes. So in the interest of not bringing myself down more than a hard day with 2 little girls can, I am not going to create a hard and fast rule. I don't want to beat myself up if I "cheated" by having something out. I'm also not ready to explain not meeting friends for lunch at Subway because I'm the only one who can't eat there. So I think this blog will be to help me curb this habit. I will celebrate my successes, bemoan my weaknesses and hopefully start checking things off my list. So I am vowing to eat less fast food and eat more from home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment